Those eyes

Those eyes
into her eyes

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Welcome


Welcome to our journey to Zuri, I am glad you stopped by. Zuri is waiting for us in Ghana, Africa, she is being cared for in a small children's home in Cape Coast.

We first saw her picture in December 2011, Kevin and I were Christmas shopping when I received a picture of a waiting baby from our adoption agency, I instantly fell in love. I began praying for this little one, despite her involved medical issues I knew in my heart she was our daughter. Convincing Kevin was not so easy, at first he would just laugh at me, saying at our age we do not need a baby, having a child with severe special needs was not something we could do. I silently continued praying, praying for the money to just show up, I knew this would convince Kevin that she was meant to join our family. The money didn't come, I continued praying, one night God made it very clear I was praying the wrong way, I needed to pray for Kevin's heart to soften to this little one. On my birthday in February Kevin came home from work and said call the agency and tell them yes. He had been praying for this baby daily just as I had ask him, he felt a stirring on this day unlike he had felt before, as he walked out of his office there right in front of him was a beautiful rainbow, he got in the car and on the radio was playing "That's What Faith Can Do", God spoke and said you need to have faith in my promises that I will never leave you and will take care of you and your family. A complete peace came over both of us as we told the agency yes.


This was many months ago and the waiting continues, more to come later on our journey to Zuri. But for now I will share the very first picture we received, her eyes just draw you in.

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled on this blog by Google-ing myself. My first name is also Zuri. I just wanted you wish you and your family the best. God bless you and that beautiful bright-eyed little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Those eyes

Those eyes
into her eyes

Precious Zuri

Precious Zuri
First glimpses